When I turned on the news today, I couldn’t believe that another tornado had wiped out another town. I know a lot of us have huge stockpiles that we can dip into and send some supplies and much need goods to help them out. I’d be willing to bet they’d do the same for us if there was a huge earthquake.
Please take the time to go through and donate any items you don’t need. You can get a flat rate box for free at the USPS that is around $10 to ship regardless of how much it weighs.
If you are looking to hlep, the Joplin Red Cross could use some donations. You can contact them at (417) 624-4411 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to find out what supplies are most necessary.
Donations are also being accepted at the following locations:
- The American Red Cross has set up a page for Missouri tornado and flood relief.
- The Missouri SEMA has set up a donation page.
- A list of major non-profits that operate regularly in Missouri can be found on the National Donations Management Network website. You can also call (800) 427-4626 for further information.
- The Missouri Interfaith Disaster Response Organization istaking donations for longterm recovery efforts.
- The Community Blood Center of the Ozarks is in need of blood â€” particularly type O. A list of donation sites can be found here.